TERMS AND CONDITIONS
of the Super Driver promotion
1. The Promoter is inDrive.
2. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and Winners agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which shall be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute shall be final and binding.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition, including these Terms and Conditions, and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, at any time without prior notice, for any reason the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
4. In the event of a discrepancy between promotional material (or any other sources of information, digital or printed) and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
5. This contest is a promotion for inDrive app users and is not a lottery or a gamble.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
6. The promotional competition is open to all South African citizens over the age of 18 years who reside within the boundaries of South Africa and possess a valid identity document except:
a. any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people; and
7. This promotional competition shall open from 16 March 2023 from 12h00 on that day and end at 24h00 (midnight) on 23 March 2023. Any entries received before or after the closing date shall not be considered.
8. To enter, a participant will be required to:
1) Be a registered driver.
2) To participate in the contest, click on the banner and sign up for the contest.
3) When signing up, specify his/her personal account ID (otherwise, the app will indicate it automatically).
*Personal account ID may be found in the left-side menu, "My Account" tab.
4) Read the conditions of the competition and agree to the terms of the competition.
5) Click the "Join" button.
6) After completing sign up, complete the specified number of rides within the specified competition period..
9. Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, unclear, illegible or contain errors or do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, as well as entries received from Disqualified Persons, shall be declared invalid.
10. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
11. The Promoter shall not be held liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
12. The Participant warrants that he/she submits the entry to the promotional competition on behalf of himself/herself and no one else.
13. The Participant acknowledges that the use of a fake name, identity or address shall result in disqualification and the entry being deemed invalid.
WINNERS AND RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT
14. The winners of the promotion shall be determined as follows:
1) To win the contest, they need to understand how many rides they have to complete in their city.
The number of rides varies depending on the city.Johannesburg:
1st place 40 rides ZAR 330 bonus coins
2nd place 35 - 39 rides ZAR 290 bonus coins
3rd place 30 - 34 rides ZAR 250 bonus coinsGqeberha (Port Elizabeth):
1st place 100 rides ZAR 590 bonus coins
2nd place 95 - 99 rides ZAR 560 bonus coins
3rd place 90 - 94 rides ZAR 530 bonus coins
2) Drivers must complete the specified number of rides only during the promotion period.
3) If they have not completed the required number of rides by the end of the promotion, they are automatically disqualified from participating in the prize draw.
4) There can also be several winners.
Example: 4 drivers have completed the same number of rides - 45 rides (as required).
These 4 drivers shall be considered winners;after all checks, they shall be credited their bonus coins.
15. The prizes shall be awarded as follows:
a. Winner(s) shall be selected out of all correct entries received by the closing date.
b. The draws shall take into consideration all entries received within the promotion period that complied with all of the Terms.
c. If a potential prize Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, then the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to another Eligible Participant selected following the provisions of the Terms.
d. Cities in which the contest shall be held:
Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth)
16. The Promoter may, after a Winner has been publicly announced, request that such Winner agrees in writing or otherwise to endorse, promote and advertise the goods or services of the Promoter, at no cost or expense to the Winner. The Winner may also be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes but shall be requested to consent to having their photograph taken for marketing purposes. All Winners have the right to decline such a request.
17. The Promoter/judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
18. Prize details:
a. Bonuses in the form of coins, which are credited to the Winner’s personal account, as well as the icon "⚡️" signifying the status of a super driver.
b. 1 coin = 1 rand.
c. Bonuses are expirable. Term of use of the bonuses: 2 weeks after crediting.
d. The "⚡️" status shall be canceled after 2 weeks
e. Bonuses are credited to the Winner’s account and can be kept for the time specified after they are credited. After that, they expire. It is impossible to withdraw bonuses from the personal account. Bonuses can be spent: 1 Rand is deducted from the personal account, and the rest of the service payment is deducted from the bonuses. These bonuses become available for use after one completed order.
19. Please note that entry into this promotional competition does not automatically guarantee a prize.
a. The Promoter shall not be responsible for telecommunication failure on the part of the Eligible Participant’s service provider.
b. An Eligible Participant is expected to be the owner of the social media account used to enter the Competition.
20. The prizes are subject to availability; theyare neither exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
21. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the promotional competition for any reason, such Winner shall be deemed to have rejected the prize, and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
22. All Participants and Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
23. Neither the Promoter nor any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the Participant.
24. The Promoter shall require the Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Law.
25. All Eligible Contestants and Winners indemnify the Promoter, its directors, employees, contractors, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, and agents against any risks, loss, claims or ownership arising from:
a. the use or disposal of the prize including, but not limited to, accident, injury, harm, or loss;
b. their participation in the Competition, including any costs associated with such participation;
c. any subsequent transfer or exchange of the prize; and/or
d. any lawful cancellation or termination of the Competition or the correction of any errors or omissions within the Period of the Competition.
26. The Promoter shall not be held liable or responsible if it is delayed or unable to perform any of its obligations of the Terms of this Competition for any reason, including but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lockdown, destruction of a prize on the route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, the threat of war, or any action taken by governmental agencies.
27. In no event shall the Promoter be held liable for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, expenses, howsoever arising, out of or in connection with any illegal act, omission, neglect or default of the Participant during the Referral Program or as a consequence of the Participant’s involvement in the Program.
28. The Participant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promoter, its directors, officers, employees, agents, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies, from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including fines), howsoever arising, out of or in connection with the Participant’s breach of any laws, regulations, standards, or codes.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
29. By entering this promotional competition, the Participant agrees to:
a. the submission of his/her full name and contact details, including a valid mobile phone number;
c. the receipt of marketing material from the Promoter;
d. the granting to inDrive or the promotional competition of permission to make use of his/her entry (which is inclusive of his/her photo or video) in further marketing correspondence with regards to the promotional competition and other marketing and or promotional offers such as inDriver’s social media campaigns;
e. the usage of his/her name, photographs or videos and disclosure of his/her country/province/town of residence and to the cooperation with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity, but the Participant may decline to do so, in which event the Participant’s entry shall be deemed invalid.
30. Each Participant who enters the Competition, authorizes the Promoter or a company nominated by the Promoter, to collect, store and use their personal data as an entry mechanism, for communication, announcements of the Winners’ names, and/or statistical purposes. The personal data collected shall be stored by the Promoter after the conclusion of the Competition for the period and to the extent permitted by law (for the period of the competition). Eligible Contestants may opt out of future communications at any given time by picking the “Unsubscribe” option in our emails and SMS.
31. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, shall be solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes.
32. The owners of the brand(s) associated with the prizes are in no way connected with the Competition and are not sponsors of the Competition.
33. These Terms and Conditions, as well as any disputes arising in connection with the Competition, are governed by the laws of South Africa.
34. You may contact the Customer Service Department via our app.