TERMS AND CONDITIONS
of the “inDrive Drivers of the Month”
1. The Organiser is inDrive.
2. By entering the promotional Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the Organiser, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional Competition, including these terms and conditions, and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Organiser reasonably deems necessary.
4. In the event of a discrepancy between promotional material (or any other sources of information digital or print) and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
5. This Competition is a promotion for inDrive app users and is not a lottery or a gamble.
6. By entering the Competition You accept the terms and conditions of the Competition.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
7. The Competition is open to all Nigerian citizens over the age of 18 years who reside within the boundaries of Lagosand is in possession of a valid Nigerian identity document except:
a. any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Organiser or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Organiser and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people; and
b. any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Organiser or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Organiser and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people, (hereinafter referred to as “the Disqualified Persons”).
8. This Competition is open from March 01,2023 from 00h00 (midnight) on that day and ends at 24h00 (midnight) on March 31, 2023. Any entries received before or after the closing date will not be considered.
9. To participate in the Competition required to accept this Terms and Conditions and fill out Registration form with following details:
(a) Enter your name
(b) Type your inDrive ID (you can find it in your profile inside the app) (c) Your Instagram profile (optional)
10. Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, unclear, illegible or contain errors or does not comply with these terms and conditions and entries received from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
11. The Organiser assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
12. The Organiser is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional Competition.
13. The participant warrants that he/she submits the entry to the promotional Competition on behalf of himself/herself and no one else.
14. The participant acknowledges that the use of a false name, identity or address will result in disqualification and the entry being invalid.
WINNERS AND RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT
15. The following categories of Winners of the Competition in each city will be determined: (a) Driver of the Year
(b) Best inDrive Newcomer:
(c) Social Media Star
16. The following criteria will be applied in all categories to select potential winners:
a. post on social media about what inspires you with inDrive - with tag @inDrive_ng using the correct hashtag for the entered category Driver of the month: #inDriveDriverofMarchNG, Best inDrive
Newcomer #BestNewinDriveNG, Social Media Star: #inDriveSMMStarNG
17. The following criteria will also be used to select potential winners in the Driver of the Month category:
a. number of completed rides (min of 50 rides)
b. rankings on the app. (min of 50 rides with 5 star ratings)
18. The winner will be determined from the list of all drivers who meet the minimum criteria.
19. Best inDrive Newcomer: It will be determined by the number of rides they do and when they have registered (Min 2 months)
20. The Social Media Star will be determined by the drivers interesting stories on social media, them tagging us and using special hashtag #inDriveSMMStarNG. We will then put their names into a randomiser and the winners will be selected that way
21. Winners will be announced by the 4th April 2023
22. Information about Winners and prizes will published on:
b. https://www.facebook.com/indrive.nigeria 23. The prizes shall be awarded as follows:
a. The Organiser will contact a potential prize Winner by call, a notification in the inDrive app and/or social media
b. A potential prize Winner is not an actual Winner until his/her status is confirmed - 3 attempts will be made to contact each potential prize Winner. Should he/she not be reachable, the prize will automatically go to the next name drawn. This will continue until all prize Winners are determined.
c. Upon receipt of the message, the potential prize Winner may be required to provide his/ her name, surname . This will be used to verify the identity of the potential prize Winner and to organise the logistics of the prize.
d. If a potential prize Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another Eligible Competitionant selected following the provisions of the Terms.
24. Eligible Competitionants that are selected as Winners consent to having their names published in the following media:
i. On the Organiser's social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook)
ii. Landing Page https://promo.indrive.com/driverofthemonthng iii.
25. The Organiser may, after a Winner has been publicly announced, request that such Winner agrees in writing or otherwise to endorse, promote and advertise the goods or services of the Organiser, at no cost or expense to the Winner. The Winner may also be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes but will be requested to consent to having their photograph taken for marketing purposes. All-Winners have the right to decline such a request.
26. The Organiser/judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. Prize details:
a. Fuel voucher worth 15 000 NGN for Driver of the month
b. Fuel voucher worth 10 000 NGN for Best inDrive Newcomer
c. Fuel voucher worth 5 000 NGN for Social Media Star
28. The total value of the prize fund is 30 000 NGN
29. Please note that entry into this promotional Competition does not automatically guarantee a prize.
a. i. Instagram entry costs are subject to entrants' cell phone data costs.
b. ii. The Organiser shall not be responsible for telecommunication failure on the part of the Eligible Competitionant’s service provider.
c. iii. An Eligible Competitionant is expected to be the owner of the social media account used to enter the Competition.
30. The prizes are subject to availability, are not exchangeable for cash, not transferable and the Organiser is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
31. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with the terms and conditions of the promotional Competition for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the Organiser.
32. All prizes will be handed out personally to each Winner upon presentation of the ID card or personal account number in the inDrive app. Each winner should come to the office at address Spaces Offices inDrive
33. 4 Idowu Martins Street, Lagos, Nigeria
34. to collect the prize according to the following schedule: At 12:00 on the communicated date
35. If a prize has not been claimed or collected after 7 working days of it being allocated to a Winner, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the Winner to claim the prize, then the prize will be forfeited and will be allocated to a new Eligible Competitionant that is selected following the provisions of the Terms. The Organiser and its promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, and organizers shall not be responsible for any decline in acceptance of prizes for any reason.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
36. All participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Organisers and/or use of the prize).
37. Neither the Organiser nor any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Organiser shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
38. The Organiser will require the Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Organiser to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and the Consumer Protection Act.
39. This promotional Competition, including its prizes, is subject to the National Covid-19 pandemic and the relevant rules and regulations as may be promulgated by the Government from time to time. If such rules and regulations were to prevent the Organiser or Organiser from providing Winners with their prizes, such prizes will be delivered as soon as the regulations permit it.
40. All Eligible Competitionants and Winners indemnify the Organiser, its directors, employees, contractors, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, and agents against any risks, loss, claims or ownership arising from:
a. the use or disposal of the prize including, but not limited to, accident, injury, harm, or loss;
b. their participation in the Competition, including any costs associated with such participation;
c. any subsequent transfer or exchange of the prize; and/or
d. any lawful cancellation or termination of the Competition or the correction of any errors or omissions within the Duration of the Competition.
41. The Organiser shall not be liable or responsible if it is delayed or unable to perform any of its obligations of the Terms of this Competition for any reason, including but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lockdown, destruction of a prize on the route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, the threat of war, any action taken by governmental
42. In no event shall the Organiser be liable for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, expenses, howsoever arising, out of or in connection with any illegal act, omission, neglect or default of the Participant during the Referral Program or as a consequence of the Participant involvement in the Program.
43. The Participant will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organiser, its directors, officers, employee, agents, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies, from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including fines), howsoever arising, out of or in connection with the Participant’s breach of any laws, regulations, standards, codes.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
44. By entering this promotional Competition, the participant agrees:
a. The participant is willing to supply his/her full names and contact details, including a valid mobile number, , Instagram account name ;
b. The participant agrees to the processing of his/her personal information in accordance with the
c. The participant agrees to receive marketing material from the Organiser;
d. The participant grants inDrive and the Organiser of the promotional Competition permission to make use of his/her entry (which is inclusive of his/her photo or video) in further marketing correspondence with regards to the promotional Competition and other marketing and or promotional offers such as inDrive’s social media campaigns;
e. The participant agrees to the usage of his/her name, photographs or videos and disclosure of his/her country/province/town of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests
by the Organiser or the Organiser relating to any post-winning publicity, but the participant may decline to do so, in which event the participant’s entry shall be invalid.
45. Each participant who enters the Competition, authorizes the Organiser or a company nominated by the Organiser, to collect, store and use their personal information as an entry mechanism, for communication, announcements of the Winner’s names, and/or statistical purposes. The personal information collected will be stored by the Organiser after the conclusion of the Competition for such a period and to the extent permitted by law (for the duration of the Competition). Eligible Competitionants can opt out of future communications at any given time by clicking on the unsubscribe function within our emails and SMS.
46. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes.
47. The owners/proprietors of the brand(s) associated with the prizes are in no way affiliated with the Competition and are not sponsors of this Competition.
48. The Terms and any dispute arising from the Competition will be governed by Nigerian law.
49. By choosing to enter our Competition you agree to participate and abide by all of the above mentioned Terms.